Francesco Franchi’s perceptive book about the future of the news and media industries in our digital age.
In Designing News, award-winning editorial and infographics designer Francesco Franchi conveys his vision for the future of the news and media industries. He evaluates the fundamental changes that are taking place in our digital age in terms of consumer expectations and the way media is being used. The book then outlines the challenges that result and proposes strategies for traditional publishing houses, broadcasting companies, journalists, and designers to address them.
About Francesco Franchi
Designer. Art director IL / Il Sole 24 ORE, Journalist, Professor. Author of Designing News (Gestalten, 2013). Learn more
- Upcoming Speaking Events 2015
- Here are some of the public events I’ll be speaking at over the next few months. Other events to be announced soon. Read more – ‘Upcoming Speaking Events 2015’.
- Infographic Thinking Workshop in Singapore, October 23–24, 2014
- Following the sold-out success of last year I returned to Singapore this October for a two-day workshop at Singapore National Library, in partnership with Gestalten and Methodology. Read more – ‘Infographic Thinking Workshop in Singapore, October 23–24, 2014’.
- YODO, You Only Design Once
- YODO (#YouOnlyDesignOnce) is the new column devoted to graphic design, published every month on IL magazine. Read more – ‘YODO, You Only Design Once’.