Fearless graphic design, editorial layouts that make stories burst off the page, and compelling visual storytelling every bit as bold as the journalism. A radically innovative approach that feels like an instant classic. A toolkit for standout print media. The Intelligent Lifestyle Magazine is the first comprehensive look at the editorial philosophy and design process behind IL – Ideas and Lifestyle magazine. Published by Gestalten and co-penned with Christian Rocca, the title tells, from an insider’s perspective, the story of how IL’s consistent visual and journalistic quality developed. Numerous examples are used to explain editorial concepts and branding elements. The book offers inspiration for art directors, designers, media professionals, and anyone who ever wished they could learn more about Italian IL magazine in English. Read more
About Francesco Franchi
Designer. Art director IL / Il Sole 24 ORE, Journalist, Professor. Author of Designing News (Gestalten, 2013). Learn more
- Speaking Schedule 2016
- Here are some of the public events I’ll be speaking at over the next few months. Other events to be announced soon. Read more – ‘Speaking Schedule 2016’.
- Conference: What is Editorial Design?
- In previsione di una grande affluenza di pubblico, giovedì 14 gennaio 2016 la conferenza What is Editorial Design? si svolgerà in Aula Magna ai Tolentini Read more – ‘Conference: What is Editorial Design?’.
- Art Direction and the Press
- The twenty-first issue of the journal Graphisme en France has been released, published by the Centre national des arts plastiques (Cnap), centred on the subject of Art Direction and the Press. Read more – ‘Art Direction and the Press’.